Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gandhi taught Me

If I were you and you were me,
I would make the selfish you, WE.

BULLSHIT. I still wonder what was I thinking when I wrote those two lines three months back. Well, to be honest I was trying to be GANDHI. You read it right. GANDHI and his acts of SELFLESSNESS. BULLSHIT again. The whole theory of making people happy, giving them surprises fascinated me so much. The simple reason being the smile on their face when they got those surprises or so called moments. Well that included waiting for them at the bus-stop, giving a surprise birthday party, gift wrapping a smelly dead rat with its intestine out (oops that didn’t include any smile) and lately even jumping off a moving bus (that almost killed me, but worth it *then*) and even lamer stuffs. I just look back now and see what a mess I had made of myself.

I had completely substituted YO – YO in people’s life. Woah!!! Kingpin marketers couldn’t come up with a substitute for a YO – YO. It was just like they had tied a thread to my wiinis. All I did was swing according to their wish.

Well, it just took me a six seat dinner table with five empty chairs and a plate of tasteless food to realize that on the last day of your life, its only YOU who have travelled the whole journey. So there is no point in pleasing any Tom, Harry or even DICK because even he is going to dump you some day. It’s not a sin in being SELFISH.

And I’m glad I am one (from today)

What I’ve learnt: When you are rescuing someone from a well and that person pulls you inside instead then just drown him first and FLOAT ON HIM.

Eat well sleep safe.. Take care.. Have a Nice Day.. Sayonara.. =)

7 comments:

  1. well...
    i'd want to disagree..
    you dont pull out a person from a well expecting him to giv to a million bucks.. it is your job to be take care of your self.. but not by destroying others...
    if being selfish is your way.. enjoy yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude name one person on this planet who is not SELFISH??? or name one SELFLESS GOOD DEED..
    Lemme tel you one thing.. SELFLESS GOOD DEEDS dont EXIST..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey...well..umm..dunno wht to say..i am nt selfish as sch..bt at tyms i too think i shld be one!!!though wenevr my anger fades off..so does my mood to get selfish:-P..maybe u too had some bad experience recently..plus tym teaches u ,,so better be selective selfish..lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. Selflessness is just an illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I've got something to say. From what I've seen, read and learnt, one of the best ways to get stronger (and I mean stronger in whatever manner, be it better at something or as a person, anything) is by actually dedicating yourself to someone/ for something, a cause! And we have Joey's argument -> by making someone happy we end up making ourselves happy too and therefore it's a selfish deed! The simple thing to do would be to cut the loop right where it redirects the happiness back to you. Also, classify deeds into good or bad types. No need to assign a second type of class!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I no its TOW Pheobe hates PBS... seen tat.. tat wsnt an inspiration but tat line ws copy pasted on my comment list..

    ReplyDelete

Imprints